To support its needs for high-availability, always-on performance, the organization selected Oncents Endpoint Manager to administer all devices across multiple locations and lines of business. The solution provides centralized endpoint administration through a convenient web interface. Administrators can use the powerful, web-based management tools to operate, manage, discover, validate, and remediate endpoints across the entire enterprise. Oncents EM enables administrators to:
- Centrally track and apply configuration profile definitions, firmware and settings
- Design failover policies by line of business, individual telephone or groups of telephones
- Tailor firmware upgrades by line of business or user profile and synchronize with serving site firmware
- Load balance endpoints on-demand across available server sites
- Benefit from enhanced security, authorization and auditing of user and phone activities
- Use Secured Web Services API to integrate the solution with other CRM applications and enterprise management tools
With the addition of Oncents EM, the organization has improved business continuity and operational performance. Previous time-consuming manual tasks are now automated, freeing administrators to focus on more complex matters. Performance issues, such as skipping, jitter and dropped calls, have decreased because administrators can now easily and quickly distribute excess volume to other servers across the enterprise. Finally, the new fail-over policies have provided risk mitigation over system and network failures, while also allowing administrators to perform routine maintenance whenever necessary.