Oncents Endpoint Manager addressed critical issues and IT requirements for the bank:
- Reducing planning and implementation costs to migrate from H.323 to SIP and onboard newer devices
- Consolidating 32 regionally distributed file servers to two Oncents EM servers in one central location
- Implementing remote device administration to reduce health and safety risks associated with dispatching personnel to branch offices
- Reducing travel time, time away from the office, and expenses for IT staff
- Achieving broader cost-effective scalability, independent from costly hardware installations Increasing conversion accuracy with error notification and error code reports
- Creating multiple device profiles to enable the IT staff to push tailored setting files and logos as needed to the bank’s 18 divisions.
Deploying Oncents Endpoint Manager proved to be as efficient as specified in the project plan, with fewer than 80 hours needed for system testing and tuning, device provisioning, user acceptance testing and training. The iNEMSOFT team worked closely with GBCI staff during the implementation process, executing deployment tasks according to the shared project plan. The team was available to support and address any production or interoperability concerns.
“We had several issues with another vendor’s load balancer as part of the integrated solution, and the iNEMSOFT team went above and beyond to make sure its product was working in our environment. That really goes a long way with me,” said Unger.
One significant benefit of deploying Oncents Endpoint Manager is the time savings for both IT personnel and branch employees. Previously, IT staff traveled to branch locations, and tellers or other branch personnel had to come in early or stay late to manually log in phones after-hours to complete the upgrade. With Oncents EM, GBCI staff disruptions were minimal and Unger now reports, “Our travel time and costs were eliminated.” The solution also minimized user disruption, a key factor for a customer-focused organization. In addition, the new solution delivered broader cost-effective scalability, enabling the organization to replace multiple file servers with a single Oncents EM system providing dual HA server capabilities.